Focus: Insurance Strategies, Investment Strategies, LGBTQ, Retirement Income Planning, Retirement Strategies
Wealth Management, Insurance and Planning
If you want the peace of mind of having financial security, with a plan and a partner by your side, take advantage of our simple process:
- Work with a CFP® professional that has a fiduciary duty
- Learn how to protect your income and assets
- Compare your options for saving in volatile markets
- Ensure your loved ones are provided for should you die prematurely
- Avoid making common mistakes when investing
- Understand what you are paying in fees and taxes
We consolidate and organize all your financial information, so when something comes up, we'll be ready!
Our team's team's motto is Planning for Good, put your money where your heart is.
My name is Karen Melo Ticas, CFP®, RICP®. Think of me as your "Planner for Good"!
As a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER professional, not only am I held to the fiduciary duty to put my clients' best interests first, I also partner with Baystate Financial to have access to the firm's many resources and experienced professionals. While I work with a diverse group from all walks of life, I focus on serving healthcare providers, business professionals and the LGBTQ community.
I developed my passion for financial planning while in college, working for a large mutual fund company. Piecing together long-term strategies requires creativity, organization and forward-thinking... it was right up my alley! This was a career choice that allowed me to actively make a positive impact on people's lives, while affording me a great amount of independence in my own life.
• I have a bachelor’s degree in Finance and most recently obtained the Retirement Income Certified Professional (RICP®) designation, to help me better serve my clients as they plan for their golden years.
• For the sixth consecutive year, I am honored to have received the Five Star Wealth Manager Award. It is a national recognition based on years of experience and a clean compliance record, as well as the number of professional licenses held by the advisor. For 2020, only 5% of licensed wealth managers in the Providence area were selected to receive this award!
• I’m delighted, and a bit in awe, to share that 2019 marks my 20th year in this business!
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
Our team takes pride in embracing the benefits of diversity, at all levels.
We welcome diverse voices, not only because we acknowledge this social responsibility, but also because we know that individuals experience greater success within a supportive environment that allows them to leverage their unique strengths.
Planning for Good is dedicated to inclusion and respectfulness, regardless of: race, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), spiritual beliefs, primary language, disabilities or family structure.
We look forward to collaborating with you!
Bentley University, Financial Planning Program
University of Massachusetts - Dartmouth, B.S. - Finance
Affiliations & Memberships
Member of the Bristol County Estate Planning Council
Big Sister with Big Brothers Big Sister of Rhode Island - 11 years
Check the background of this investment professional on FINRA’s BrokerCheck
501 Wampanoag Trail Suite 200
East Providence, RI 02915