Focus: Insurance Strategies, Special Care, Investment Strategies
SpecialCare is a program developed by Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company (MassMutual) that provides access to information and resources to families with dependents, of any age, with special needs. The program’s mission is to help educate families and caregivers of people with special needs about the importance and steps in creating a life care plan to help provide a secure financial future.
As a MassMutual Special Care Planner, I can help families with dependents with special needs:
- Access local organizations and advocacy groups
- Protect future eligibility for government benefits
- Create a Life Care Plan1
- Understand the financial and legal issues in special needs planning
- Determine funding options for special needs trusts
- Determine how much money is needed to provide for lifetime quality care
My process encourages communication with the family’s network; providing information, education and resources, and offering holistic solutions unique to each individual situation.
I assist families by working with their advisors –banker, accountant, or financial services professional, special needs attorney, social workers, and health care providers to help:
- Address Current & Future Primary Concerns
- Uncover Potential Planning Pitfalls
- Prepare Wills & Other Legal Documents
- Identify Financial Resources
- Coordinate Assistance Programs
- Determine Current & Future Plan/Care Costs
- Implement Necessary Strategies
- Prepare a Letter of Intent2
- Determine Appropriateness of a Special Needs Trust
- Identify Trustees, Guardians and Future Caregivers
1 A Life Care Plan is a coordinated program of future care planning, financial, and legal strategies for people with disabilities and their families. A Life Care Plan continually changes throughout an individual's lifetime and is provided by a team that may include your legal and tax advisors as well as insurance and investment professionals.
2 A Letter of Intent is a way of communicating your desires and concerns, as well as caregiving instructions to future caregivers, guardians, trustees and advocates of dependents with special needs.
Check the background of this investment professional on FINRA’s BrokerCheck
1 North Franklin Street Suite 2470
Chicago, IL 60606