Focus: Insurance Strategies, Investment Strategies
After graduating from college with an accounting degree, Barry entered the insurance and financial services industry in 1972. Two years later he formed his company, which later became known as Johnson Financial Group. Barry received his Chartered Life Underwriter® designation in 1981, his Chartered Financial Consultant® designation in 1985, his Certified Financial Planner® designation in 1995, his Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy® designation in 2011, and his Certified in Long-Term Care designation in 2015. Effective July 1, 2016, the group benefits division of JFG was merged into GBE&W.
Some of Barry’s professional affiliations include:
- Society of Financial Service Professionals, Member
- Dallas Chapter, President, 1995 – 199
- Board Member, 1991 – 1997
- Dallas Estate Planning Council, Member
- Vice President – Membership, 2016 – 201
- Board of Governors, 1997 – 1999, 2000 – 2002, 2012 – Present
- Estate Planning Council of North Texas, Member
- Association for Advanced Life Underwriting, Member
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, Member
- National Association of Health Underwriters, Member
- Million Dollar Round Table, Life Member
- Forum400™, Member
- The International Association of Advisors in Philanthropy™, Member
- Partnership for Philanthropic Planning, Member
- Kingdom Advisors, Member
- Trinity Christian Academy Professional Advisory Group for Planned Giving, Member
- Generosity Council for the National Christian Foundation of North Texas, Member
- Society for Human Resource Management, Member
Some of his community activities include:
- Happy Hill Farm Children’s Home and Academy
- Board Chairman, 1990 – 199
- Board Member, 1986 – 2008, 2011
- Search Ministries, Inc., Dallas, Texas, Advisory Board, 1992 – Present
- Young Life, Dallas Metropolitan Board, Board Member, 1987 – 1991
- Young Life, Lake Highlands Junior High, Dallas, Texas, Steering Committee, 1992 – 1994
- Boy Scouts of America, Circle 10 Council, Handicapped Scouting, Board Member, 1980 – 1983
Barry and his wife Barbara have been married for 40 years, have two married daughters, one married son, and nine grandchildren.
* Producer(s) operating under an alternative marketing name may offer products, services, or guidance outside of their relationship with MassMutual, MML Investors Services, or their affiliated companies. Any such marketing names are not subsidiaries or affiliates of MassMutual or its affiliated companies.
Check the background of this investment professional on FINRA’s BrokerCheck
By submitting this request, I consent to receive phone calls from MassMutual, its financial professionals, or vendors on its behalf, regarding MassMutual products and services, at the phone number(s) above, including my wireless number if provided. I understand these calls may be generated using an automated technology. I understand to make a purchase I do not need to consent to receive calls from MassMutual and can instead call a local financial professional directly.